Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Use Gmail as your All-In-One e-mail account


One of my peeves about running multiple online businesses is the maintenance of multiple email accounts. I'm in heaven when I finally started using IMAP. With IMAP no matter which one of my "configured computers" I have used e-mail that I was seeing updated and synchronized. Then one day it occurred to me that maintaining a local mail client on multiple machines was great until I was about my computer. So in an effort to streamline my communications and have literally "follow me", no matter where I went and no matter what computer I was on I turned to Gmail.

Now I can manage 24 separate email accounts from Gmail universal.

As far as the world knows there is no difference even return addresses are proper and unique to each email account. If you have multiple mail accounts do not believe the time saving aspect of this move.

There are 4 simple steps to the process.

# 1 - Forward to your email account to Gmail. Most webmail (email domain) accounts have forwarding. If you use a host is necessary to go to your Cpanel and set your email to send to your Gmail account there. If you have no idea how to access your Cpanel call your host tech support.

# 2 - Go to your Gmail account and go to Settings> Accounts and under the title "When I receive a message sent to one of my addresses:" select "Reply from the same address the message was sent" Once you do that Click on "Add another email address" enter the name you want to appear on email accounts and then the full email address. then click "Next Step" On the next screen select "Send Verification" then go to the mail client and seek confirmation of Gmail. Respond to the confirmation by clicking the confirmation link.

At this point that particular email address will always go to your Gmail account and if you make the two final steps you'll just have a huge list of e-mail is not organized.

These next two steps are actually very cool and makes Gmail a powerful email client universal.

# 3 - Select "Edit Labels" and add a new label. In my case I created a label for my source-pro admin mail and I used a short title like SP - Admin. You must create a label for each of your e-mail to be forwarded to Gmail.

# 4 - This stage is critical and can be the difference between having an unorganized ton of e-mail or an e-mail system perfectly organized.

Click on "Create a filter" and the "To", enter the email address you want to organize. Then click "Next Step" and the next window select "Apply the label:" box, also need to select the label that corresponds to the e-mail. Then click "Create Filter" and, at this point you are ready to go. Every time Gmail receives an email addressed to that address is tagged and monitored. Set up your own e-mail and see what I mean. The most you can set Gmail to manage email as many addresses as you like.

Spam control

Gmail is hands down the best I've seen dealing with spam. is superior to Outlook or Thunderbird. This feature alone has reduced my "email" considerably! ......

No comments:

Post a Comment