Thursday, September 6, 2012

Start stunning presentations in mind: Five secrets to overcoming anxiety Public Speaking


Public speaking presents a challenge for many people. In the Book of Lists, public speaking anxiety and make a presentation are the number one fear, the fear of dying is number two. As the old saying goes, "People would rather make a presentation to the grave." You see people sweat, shake, and shiver while they are talking about. Sometimes, employees bypass promotions and business ignore the business opportunities, rather than make a presentation. I saw a manager who was on the fast track quickly become derailed because the company was unable to complete his presentation to the leadership.

So what do great speakers do to prepare themselves to be great presenters? They prepare their minds to give a great presentation. That's right, it all starts in your mind. How can you develop a mindset great orator and start giving outstanding presentations? The following are five secrets to powerful public speaking:

1. Believe that you can Get It So

They are approached by people who say: "I can not speak in public", "I am a bad speaker," or "I could never speak in public." Without hearing about, say, "You're right." Because once you make such negative statements, become self-fulfilling prophecies. When you say: "I have a bad speaker," your subconscious is thinking: "Well, he or she said, so it must be true. So you act like a bad speaker" positive language (PSA) is one of first things I work on during my presentation coaching. Replace the negative attitude that speaks with a PSA to master your self talk and improve your presentation skills. Instead of saying: "I have a bad speaker," say the following:

* "I am improving my ability to speak in public every day at every point."

* "Every opportunity to make a presentation is an opportunity for success."

* "I am a good public speaker today, and, with continued practice, I'll be a better tomorrow orator."

* "I am mastering my presentation skills everyday!"

When you do these affirmations, your subconscious hears him and says: "Yes, I'm getting better", or "Let me talk, because it is an opportunity for success" or "I am my mastery of language skills."

Manage Your talked about for a PSA. You will feel a new confident attitude on public speaking.

2. Think about what you're getting

I question, "What do you want to accomplish with the presentation?" Many times I will be on the receiving side of a blank stare or the student might say: "I just want to listen to me."

Take time to think about what you want to accomplish, giving your presentation. And 'who wants to entertain people, you want to convince them of an important issue, or maybe you want the audience to take action after hearing the presentation. Following the presentation you want to know what to make fire and creates a great confidence builder.

3. Show Success

Recently, I had the opportunity to speak at a conference in association with more than five thousand people in the audience. Joy, my wife was sitting in the audience with our friend Jim who came to hear me talk for the first time. While I was about to speak, Jim leaned over and asked Joy if I was nervous talking in front of a large group of people. Without flinching, Joy said: "It 's born to this day. He saw this day coming, when he started talking."

I see that long day before it happened. Every time a presentation, take time to visualize a successful presentation and successful. The details include that in my charts, which becomes more vivid and real for me. The night before the presentation that you will find a quiet place at home or, if they are on the road, a hotel room, and meditate to start the visualization process. I see my disk in the event, greeting guests and the public, and how powerful my presentation will sound and look on that day. I will also show positive public response to the presentation.

Take time to view the details to give a great presentation. As the old saying goes, "Fake It 'til you make it." If you see you're a great speaker, will take measures and create opportunities for themselves to become a great orator.

Show that the public wants to hear your message and want you to do well. Remember, it is also their time and to receive the value from his speech.

4. We Own the Room

Every time I talk to, "own the room." I mentally tell myself that for the next thirty minutes, hours, etc., I own the room. The company, association, or government may own the building or place I speak, but during the time I'm talking about, I am the owner of the hall and the public will be my guests, my friends. In this way I'm always in control to give a great presentation.

Think about your area of ​​your home, your home, your castle. When you invite friends into your home, you're not in control and want to provide a safe and fun environment for your guests? The same applies to public speaking, you want to provide a safe, fun, and enriching experience for them.

I always say: "Giving presentations is not about me, it's about you (the audience)." What I mean is if I'm always thinking about how the sound, look and feel as I speak, I do not think I can share with my audience. Focus on the value that will give members of the public and you'll never go wrong.

5. Eat the Elephant

Many times I hear the following:

"I've never been able to speak before a group of people, but one-on-one I am fine."

Well, I ask: "How do you eat an elephant?" To break the elephant into smaller pieces. It 's the same when you "digest" the public. Do not think the public at large, think the public as individuals willing to listen to the message. To focus on the thinking of your audience as individuals, and your message comes across that way to individual members of the public.

Follow these five secrets for creating a positive mindset for the confidence to speak in public. Overcoming anxiety public speaking will improve your presentation skills and create new opportunities for users through public speaking....

No comments:

Post a Comment